DoD Edge Network
Players Online: 0

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What should be done with slimefun?

Keep it just the way it is
5 (50%)
I like some features of slimefun but there are many annoying ones (keep it)
0 (0%)
I’d rather live without slimefun completely regardless of other plugins
2 (20%)
I’d prefer slimefun is replaced with other plugins
3 (30%)
I don’t care just let me play
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Slimefun: Endless Bugs and Pain?  (Read 20672 times)

Roescoe

Slimefun: Endless Bugs and Pain?
« on: April 06, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »
Slimefun was originally introduced to have fun, but now it is abundantly clear that it has brought more than fun. The bugs keep piling up and the DoD staff is up to their necks with the constant repairs and issues. The purpose of this thread is to hear from players what they like and dislike about Slimefun. The ultimate goal is to decide how people would feel if Slimefun was removed completely. The question being “would you prefer to continue to live with Slimefun bugs and features or would you rather not have any of it at all?” (a possible assumption being that some other less buggy plugins would help to replace key features)

Please pick the option that covers your opinion the best. As usual please post about your choice and discuss why and what you think.

Roescoe

Re: Slimefun: Endless Bugs and Pain?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »
I think slimefun should be completely removed as it takes away from the skyblock experience by making people frustrated with its bugs and changing the overall gameplay mechanics from vanilla farms to completely one-block-farms. (or farms which break, like the sf plants)

unone666

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »
i personally think you should keep slime fun. it is a great plugin that does help with skyblock. even if you did remove it, what would be done to compensate everyone who is already really far into it?

99FireyMan99

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
I've grown to absolutely love Slimefun, as you can tell by my industrial sized farm. I do understand there are many bugs that come with it and don't want staff to be consumed by just Slimefun, nor do I like dealing with them myself. I personally have put a crazy amount of hours into Slimefun and would hate to see it leave.

EDIT: If it isn't clear, I would like to see something to replace Slimefun if it does have to be removed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:26:39 AM by 99FireyMan99 »

blackeyedgamer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »
I love slimefun and all of its features. However removing it I could see would give admins much MUCH more time to work on other things for the server. If it were to get removed. I would love a way to keep the infused magnet along with the easy way to get clay/sand. i really love the auto enchanter and disenchanter as well but energy and electricity is where the core area applies.
being able to farm your own diamonds and emeralds? along with glowstone is awesome as well. but a little Too OP in my opinion.

for all that being said. i am against slimefun. but not to the full extent. but against it enough to live happier if it was removed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:48:49 PM by blackeyedgamer »

Tiff90cat

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »
I absolutely love slimefun!! Some of the machines give me a headache at times to understand, but i love the concept of each one. I've been on the server for over 6 months now, and I've put a ton of work into my island. I really don't want to see that go. Plus i know, personally, there is still more stuff to learn about it and try out since I haven't even made all the machines yet. I know bugs are annoying (real life bugs are annoying enough) but i believe the benefit of playing on this server with slimefun definitely outweighs the headaches. Maybe if we had someone else helping with the bug fixing it will make the work a little less for everyone already working so hard on them...not sure how all that works >.> Now this is coming from a causal player (if i wanted something harder i'd play on survival with those crazy mobs), so of course anything to make my life easier so i can build more sounds like a good plan to me. And i put in A TON of grinding hours for my plants to get them to where they are today! In short, I will be super sad if they disappear...

DaisyRed

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »
I enjoy slimeFun, but if it were changed or went away, I wouldn't cry (for too long)  :)

top android   android
© 2017, DoD Edge Network