So what is MythicMobs?
I am here today to familiarize you with the mob plugin we use on the server which is called MythicMobs.
MythicMobs is a very powerful and complex plugin, and this tutorial will cover the basics to get you started with scripting mobs.
There is a 'plugin manual
' located here
which i will be making references to,
and you should be referring to it often when scripting for MythicMobs.
MythicMobs commands can be accessed in-game using the /mythicmobs
MythicMobs allows server administrators to create custom variants of mobs and bosses.
- Giving mobs custom skills with powerful conditionals and delays, based on a robust system of triggers and/or timers
- Modifying all mob attributes such as health, damage, speed, follow and combat range
- Allowing mobs to use custom sounds, custom particles, and special effects
- Setting equipment and creating custom items and drop tables with attributes.
- Giving mobs Damage modifiers so mobs can be immune to, take half-damage or double-damage from certain damage types, such as fire.
- Creating powerful custom Mob Spawners to spawn your Mythic Mobs at specific locations, with optional timers, attributes, cooldowns, and other powerful settings!
- Spawning Conditions to give you finer control over where and when Mythic Mob Spawner and Random Spawning mobs can spawn! Make mobs that only spawn when it's raining, or on certain days!
- Mob Levels to allow your mobs to level up and scale in power based on where and how they spawned.
MythicMobs Folder Structure:
So let's just jump right into it! We will start with a mob that is located in the Cathedral dungeon. Once you know how to make a regular mob, bosses can be made in a similar fashion and they will just have more health and more damage, as well as the custom created skills and drops that you specify.IMPORTANT: Never use Tab, always use spaces. YAML is very important!Notepad++ is a very good text editor to use, and i highly recommend it.WretchedZombie:
[spoiler] WretchedZombie: (This can be any name, as long as it is unique to the mob you are making.) Mobtype: zombie (All mob types can be found here.) Display: '&4Wretched Zombie' (This will be the name of the mob that everyone will see in-game.) Health: 75 (This is the amount of hearts the mob will have.) Damage: 5 (This is the amount of damage the mob will do.) Equipment: (This is where you specify what items the mob will have equipped on spawn.)
- R_CrystallineBlade:0 Drops: (This is where you specify what item drop tables the plugin will use to roll for items when the mob is killed.)
- Tier1_Rare Options: (This is where you specify what options the plugin will attach to the mob. The full list can be found here.)
So now that you understand how to create the actual mob, let's move on to something more exciting, custom skills!Mob Skills:
There really is no limit to how you can have a mob execute skills, and what conditions the mob will execute those skills with. There are the built-in skills such as: fireballs, arrows, etc. Then there are the MythicMob custom skills such as Pull (Pulls all players within a radius towards the casting mob at a specified velocity), Consume (Consumes nearby mobs of the given type that are within a specified radius. This deals damage to those mobs and heals the mob for each mob consumed), etc. You can even have a skill that executes a command from another plugin for example. The only limitation is your imagination! (yay for rhymes!)
You can find the full list of skills available to use here
This is Commander Malor, the first boss you encounter in Cathedral:
Notice the Skills:
- skill SmashAttack >0 0.2
Here is the actual code for the SmashAttack skill:
Note the following after the skill:
These parameters are using the following variables: [hp_modifier] <chance>
means as long as the mob is alive, and 0.2
is the chance % the skill will activate while the mob is alive. (1 = 100%)
You can also use ~onTimer:500 >0 1
As you can see, things can get very complicated very quickly. Trial and error is the best way to learn so you can have the mob act exactly how you want.Custom Items:
Next next section we will talk about are the items you would like the mob to drop upon death, as well as items you would like for the mob to wear on mob spawn. Once you create a custom item, you will then need to either add it to an existing drop table, or create a new drop table.
Let's take a look at one of the items from the Tier3_Rare drop table that i have created:
This is the code for the item:
Items are fairly easy to make, however it starts to get complicated when your specifying the drop chances for all items within the specified Drop Table.Conclusion:
You should now have a basic understanding of the MythicMobs plugin, and how to script with it. It really is a lot to learn, but the more and more you work with it, the easier it will become. It is a very powerful plugin, and it can do some really amazing things! If you still don't understand something, or have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread and i will try my best to help you. I look forward to seeing your mob contraptions in-game!